Sitric Caech
New Member
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 2
I didn't see any equivalents to the KSP forum's science and spaceflight section or science news thread so here it is!
As the name suggests this thread is for sharing and discussing any random science or aerospace events you happen to be aware of.
I also made this thread because I had some I wanted to relay.
Voyager 1 will be exactly one light-day from earth on November 18. 49 years old, slowly running out of power, so far away it's signals are bare whispers, but still alive. Additionally on December 3 the Europa Clipper mission will make a gravity assist flyby of earth at a periapsis of 2,000 miles on its way to Jupiter where it will enter orbit via a gravity assist from Ganymede sometime in 2030. Once in orbit the mission will make 49 close flybys of Europa to examine things like the composition, the nature of the water in its subsurface ocean, or the nature of its induced magnetic field before being disposed of into Jupiter, Ganymede, or Callisto in 2034 unless a mission extension is approved.
and to do science AND spaceflight I recently found this article about the Sahara.
web.archive.org
As the name suggests this thread is for sharing and discussing any random science or aerospace events you happen to be aware of.
I also made this thread because I had some I wanted to relay.
Voyager 1 will be exactly one light-day from earth on November 18. 49 years old, slowly running out of power, so far away it's signals are bare whispers, but still alive. Additionally on December 3 the Europa Clipper mission will make a gravity assist flyby of earth at a periapsis of 2,000 miles on its way to Jupiter where it will enter orbit via a gravity assist from Ganymede sometime in 2030. Once in orbit the mission will make 49 close flybys of Europa to examine things like the composition, the nature of the water in its subsurface ocean, or the nature of its induced magnetic field before being disposed of into Jupiter, Ganymede, or Callisto in 2034 unless a mission extension is approved.
and to do science AND spaceflight I recently found this article about the Sahara.
The Sahara Desert Hasn’t Always Been a Dry, Desolate Landscape. Some Scientists See Signs It May Be Greening Again
Petroglyphs on sandstone at a national park in Chad bear witness to wildlife that once roamed the area before the continent’s water largely receded 6,000 years ago. Could it return?